From Concepts to Concerts:
Building Competence in the Choral Classroom
--With a Foreword by André J. Thomas
View sample pages:
Classroom reproduction permission included. Make all the copies you wish for your classroom. Table of Contents available in PDF format for printing.
From Concepts to Concerts by Dr. Earlene Rentz is intended to be used as a supplementary text for the choral rehearsal, providing exercises that teach concepts to choral singers. The exercises are arranged in a simple-to-complex order that will allow for success through all grade levels, providing challenges for young singers as well as more advanced students. Of course, teachers have the freedom to use these exercises in any way that is most helpful to them. To be fully used as the resource they were intended, this includes permission to copy for classroom use.
Dr. Rentz has prepared this supplement based on her own experience in choral
clinics and workshops. Presented here are a great collection of exercises and drills that
will assist your students in improving musicianship. This book will help you to:
- Maximize your rehearsal time.
- Solve musical problems in repertoire BEFORE you open the music.
- Transfer concepts into repertoire.
- Minimize your teaching time while you increase your repertoire.
- Teach choral concepts to be transferred into repertoire.
- Find solutions for choral challenges in rhythm, pitch, tempo, phrasing, diction, style, and meter.
- Solve it quickly, transfer it effectively, recall it forever.
One book to use in all your classes! Make all the copies you need -- class reproduction permission included in the purchase price!